Thursday, November 19, 2009

my studio

So this is my first post, and I wasn't really sure how to start everything off. I figured i would post some pictures of my studio and then show some work that i have been doing. To give you a little background on me, my name is Bobby Coleman and I am currently an MFA student in painting/studio art at American University in Washington, D.C. I am just about to finish up my first semester of my first year. I received my BFA in studio art from McDaniel College in Westminster, MD where i studied under Steven Pearson. 

I have created this blog as a way to post recent work and ideas. I also hope to share with people the things and artists that I draw inspiration from. Also, in time I will be trying to review any shows and gallery openings that are in the DC or Baltimore area. I will try to post everyday and also use this blog as a way to recount what I am going through in grad school. I should've started this blog when I first got to American, but I was alittle overwhelmed at first and I am just now beginning to feel settled down and ready to take on the task of making this blog.

I really appreciate anyone that will take the time to look at this and i hope that they may gain something from it. Also, here are a couple shots of my studio at American


here's a shot of my desk/work area/inspiration wall


this is a view from my doorway
more posts will be coming very soon

Bobby Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment