Saturday, February 6, 2010


In my first semester of grad school I began to think alot more about what i wanted to convey with my art, and alot more about what i was interested in with the art i was creating. during the first half of the semester i was continuing to do the creature paintings that i had originally applied with. while i would do these paintings i would work on small abstract explorations just to experiment with color and to keep myself constantly working. eventually i found myself focusing more on the abstractions than the creature paintings. the abstractions allowed me to focus on color interactions and spacial relations without having to worry about how a creature would fit into the painting. the second half of the semester and up until the present time, i have been focusing solely on these abstract paintings. the first four pieces were explorations i worked on during the creature paintings. the rest of the pieces were ones that i consider successful pieces and were ones that have led me to my recent concept and body of work










No comments:

Post a Comment